What Is A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence?
The Certificate of Excellence is a TripAdvisor award that celebrates hospitality businesses that consistently receive positive reviews and maintain a very high standard. Only the top 10% of businesses on TripAdvisor are lucky enough to receive this honorable prize, and it is only awarded annually. There is no application process. Instead, the award is earned over time by worldwide businesses that can collect great reviews and high ratings on Tripadvisor. Businesses such as hotels, B&Bs, inns, lodging, restaurants, attractions, vacation rentals, and more are eligible to win.
Exact Criteria Needed
- Your business must be listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months.
- Your business must maintain an overall rating of at least four out of five.
- Your business must have a minimum number of reviews, but TripAdvisor doesn’t provide a specific figure.
Actions You Can Take Now
- Ask your satisfied customers to review your business on TripAdvisor.
- Ask in person – This is the most direct way to approach your customers when asking for them to leave a review. Asking them when they are leaving or checking out is the best time.
- Hand out customer-review request cards – You should hand this to your satisfied customers when they are leaving. A good way to approach handing them this card is by pairing it with their receipt.
- Send a follow-up email – This one may be tricky because you must have their email addresses to proceed. If you do have their email addresses, then create a catchy email template to send out to all customers once they have completed their translation. Make the email short and to the point, with easy access to the TripAdvisor site.
- Respond to Reviews.
- Businesses that respond to reviewers are found to have higher average ratings than those that do not respond. Your business should be responding to every review. That’s right. Not only some of the reviews, or just the positive reviews, but ALL of your reviews. By responding to all positive and negative reviews, your customers feel that you care about them and what they have to say.
- Don’t Write Fake Reviews. https://findyourbluezone.com/how-to-respond-to-negative-reviews/
- Never give your business fake reviews or a fake 5-star rating on Tripadvisor because the site uses an algorithm to look at any “content integrity issues, animal welfare policies, and/or fraudulent activity” related to the reviews.
- Flag Any Inaccurate Reviews.
- If reviews are inaccurate, fraudulent, or inappropriate, flag them for removal to keep your profile full of accurate reviews. Make sure you flag the review as soon as you see it. By doing this, you can get rid of any inaccurate reviews as quickly as possible. The last thing you want is for your business to not be eligible for the Certificate of Excellence Award due to inaccurate or fraudulent reviews. You also do not want potential customers reading false reviews about your company that could steer them away from doing business with you.
How Do I Know If My Business Was Awarded?
You can learn if your business won the Certificate of Excellence Award by going to your business page on TripAdvisor. If your business was awarded, then there will be a Certificate of Excellence badge displayed on your page. Your business will also be notified via email with details of your great achievement.
Congratulations if your business was awarded! This is a huge accomplishment for you and your business! If you have not been awarded, don’t be discouraged! Use the tips we gave you and keep trying. Never give up on striving to achieve greatness for your business.